- Provide the highest quality care and education in an environment that meet the individual uniqueness of each child.
- Give the tamariki opportunities to explore a variety of learning experiences delivered through the daily programme.
- Ensure the tamariki are able to make their own choices of play and exploration within the curriculum areas available
- Ensure the implementation of Te Whariki, the Early Childhood Curriculum
- Ensure a working relationship with parents, families and whanau and the surrounding community.
- Ensure teachers and children/tamariki are aware of our commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Kaua maa te waewae tuutuki, engari maa te upoko pakaru
Persevere with determination; don't be put off by small obstacles
Legend tells us long ago, of a family of whales that became stranded in Tauranga Moana and transformed into three hills; Mangatawa... the mother, Kopukairoa... the father, and Hikurangi... the calf.
Our Koru depicts the waves of Papamoa Beach and our family of legend connecting them to the land and the sea and connecting Whanau and our Tamariki to Papamoa and Tauranga Moana.
We hope that you and your child enjoy our centre.
Please feel free to discuss any ideas or concerns you may have or any suggestions you may offer.